Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cajun Cuisine and Croca . . . oops, Alligators!

We are now in Port Arthur, TX, at the Pleasure Island RV Park. Sea Rim State Park, where we had planned to stay, is closed due to Hurricane Rita damage.

We're in a great spot! Nice grassy park with a pond outside our door. When we looked out the windown upon our arrival, Gene thought there was a log in the pond . . . until it yawned! The alligator is a local resident and won't bother you if you leave it alone.

Had wonderful cajun food today. Crawfish ettouffee, boudain balls (fried rice, pork and liver mixed together), and a fried oyster Po' Boy sandwich. Yummmmm. They also served Land Shark Lager.

Tomorrow we head for Lake Ponchetrain (Sp?)

Bird sightings today: an indigo bunting (all blue) and a flock of cedar waxwings

Sue

2 comments:

jessica said...

yay I hope you got a pic of the indigo bunting for me!!!! Luv and miss you guys

CB said...

Hi guys, at least you are not up to your ass in alligators..just one. All is well here. Played golf with Joe and Phil today and I was able to play bogey golf till the last 3 holes...so I had a good day. And...I can tell the difference between the baby hummingbirds and the older ones in flight. The little hummers swing their tail differently when they are at the feeder. Really cute.

I hate that you are seeing all those birds without me along. But I get to go to work everyday, and I'm sure you are jealous of that.

I'm on the cusp of taking down our feeders as we have 7 resident pidgeons now and they scare all the others away. Don't know what to do because there is a lame quail that relys on our food.

Take care, CB